For Immediate Release
October 01, 2009
Local Contact: Paul B. Stull
Arizona State Credit Union
Telephone (602) 467-4062
Arizona State Credit Union Awards Scholarship Money to Hard-Working College Students and Recent Graduates
8 Students and Alumni of Arizona Schools Receive Innovative Scholarships to Help Defray Tuition Costs and Relieve Burden of Student Loans
PHOENIX, Ariz. - Arizona State Credit Union awards $34,000 through its Community Leaders Scholarship and the Loan Reduction Grant program to 18 deserving students and alumni from universities and colleges across Arizona.
The Community Leaders Scholarship helps a wide variety of students attending various universities, colleges and vocational schools in Arizona pay for tuition, books and other academic expenses. The Loan Reduction Grant is unique in that it helps graduates pay for accrued student loans, a major financial burden upon leaving school. This grant was awarded to graduates for academic achievements and continuing commitment to their communities. All 18 recipients are representative of Arizona's diverse student population and are products of Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, The University of Arizona, University of Phoenix, Coconino Community College and Yavapai College.
"These amazing students represent our state's best and brightest. An investment in these young minds is an investment in the future of Arizona," said David E. Doss, President/CEO of Arizona State Credit Union. "We commend each and every student on their hard work and are so proud to be able to reward their dedication in this way."
These financial awards are the latest in a long line of scholarships and grants provided by Arizona State Credit Union. The Credit Union has been offering scholarships to Arizona students for over 50 years. It's just one of many ways Arizona State Credit Union demonstrates its ongoing commitment to the people of Arizona and the future of our communities.
- Ann Arthur of Anthem, Arizona from Northern Arizona University
- Amanda Bailey of Tucson, Arizona from University of Arizona
- Matt Broderick of Glendale, Arizona from Glendale Community College
- Jacob Bryce of Mesa, Arizona from Arizona State University
- Theresa Clark of Flagstaff, Arizona from Northern Arizona University
- John Doherty of Flagstaff, Arizona from Northern Arizona University
- Jacob Done of Mesa, Arizona from Arizona State University
- Leonard Edmonds of Paradise Valley, Arizona from Arizona State University
- Heidi Guzman of Flagstaff, Arizona from Coconino Community College
- Raela Kemp of Chino Valley, Arizona from Yavapai College
- Jamie Money of Flagstaff, Arizona from Northern Arizona University
- Tim Morra of Tempe, Arizona from Argosy University
- Collin Phillips of Tempe, Arizona from Arizona State University
- Jamie Rock of Mesa, Arizona from University of Phoenix
- Alicia Rodgers of Phoenix, Arizona from Arizona State University
- Daniel Ryan of Glendale, Arizona from Northern Arizona University
- Anna Spiegel of Buckeye, Arizona from Estrella Mountain Community College
- Kaelynn Sporka of Tempe, Arizona from Arizona State University
About Arizona State Credit Union
Arizona State Credit Union is a $1.3 billion full service not-for-profit financial cooperative with a statewide branch network serving the people of Arizona. More than 133,000 Arizonans turn to Arizona State Credit Union for outstanding service and value. Arizona State Credit Union has grown dramatically since its founding in 1951, providing a full line of financial products and services at 21 branches across the state. Nearly 60 years of excellence and outstanding customer service has helped the Credit Union become a three time winner of Arizona Business Magazine's Ranking Arizona, and a three time recipient of the Peter Barron Stark & Associates Award for Workplace ExcellenceT. Arizona State Credit Union is headquartered in Phoenix and welcomes membership from businesses and individuals throughout the state. Reach us at 800.671.1098 or visit us at www.azstcu.org.